Saturday, October 10, 2009
It's Still A-Thumpin
Last night I was in bed with my family saying prayers. And Walter had all the covers and I was cold. So instead of moving him I pushed my feet under him. And as we were saying prayers my foot kept going thump because that was where his heart was. And it felt like his heart was in my foot. And in that 15 minute time period I felt Walter's scared abused heart going thump. Thump. Thump. And in those 15 minutes I experienced something that I can't really describe. It was like all of Wallie's pain and misery and abusement and mistreatment was traveling up my foot and into my heart. And I knew what he was going through. And his scared litle heart took all that pain and everything. That man who abused him and beat him and scared him to death damaged him for life. He is never going to be the joyous puppy he once was and it was all that man's fault. I hope he knows just how much pain he caused Walls and how much pain it causes us when we look at him when he is scared. Yet his sad scared little heart is still a-thumpin. Thump. Thump. Thump.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love your tender heart. That is why you are so sweet.
ReplyDelete