This the dog we used to have, Bear. We got him when he was a puppy and soon realized that we couldn't keep him. He was cute and great when he was tiny and then he got bigger and jumped on Carolina and went to the bathroom in the house. One of the things about him that I hope I never forget is that he loved to get on the swing or the rocking chairs! But when we got into the car he would throw up. They are both moving objects aren't they?!?!?! So we had to take him back. And then 3 or 4 months after that me and my mama started saying "We need a dog" reapetdly to my dad. It took telling him that we would get a grown one till he said maybe. So we looked up Basset hound Rescue and we looked. So since my dad wanted a Border Collie I decided to look up Border Collie rescue and found my precious Walterdog. We laughed at his name and joked never thinking that we would own him. Yet here we are today loving him something fierce. We had to gain his trust thpugh. When we first went to go see him he would hide behind the owner's legs and play with other 8 or 9 border collies that they were fostering there. So we ended up getting him. They came over with him the day after my birthdaty party. The grown ups and Holt and Carolina went inside and I stayed out with Walter. We went to go investigate and then we went into the house. After they left Walter hid behind the couch and peeped out at us every once in a while.Then I finally got him to come into my room. Well, the first thing Walter layed eyes on was my soft WHITE! bunny rug. So, he decided to stay there. Great for him but not so great for my WHITE! bunny rug.He followed me around but wasn't eating or drinking anything atall. So, I took matters into my own hands. I grabbed the medicine dropper and a tub of water and managed to get some water in his mouth but then we still had the problem that: 1. He still wasn't eating and 2. He didn't really like me shoving water in his mouth whih I can understand. So, I dipped his treats and food in some water and sure enough it smelled good and he started eating them! And then he started to like my mom and my brother and sister.He is still scared of my dad though and I am going to leave the running away story for another day! So long! I love my WalterDog!
say HI to walter
ReplyDelete